- All relevant council fees: Including Planning Application, Building Permit and your verge bond
- Demolition Licence Fee and Demolition of your block as you must provide a clean block that is free of debris and plant matter. (This can be included in your contract as a Provisional Sum)
- The payment of Utilities during construction including Power and Water Usage at the site.
- All temporary & permanent Boundary Fencing and Boundary Retaining: Including liaising with neighbours regarding fencing as per the Dividing Fences Act (more information on this can be found at the following link http://www.buildingcommission.wa.gov.au/docs/consumers/dividing_fences_a_guide_sept_12_online.pdf
- A Signed BA20A from your neighbour if required
- Organising Finance Approval for construction: Please note you must provide to your financial institution with your application the HIA Construction Stages & Percentages in WA letter that was given in your information pack.
- Payment of your 6.5% deposit which is due on signing of your Contract as per clause 7(a) of your HIA contract. (Conditions apply)
There are some responsibilities and costs involved in building your new home that are not included in your contract price. Here is a list to help you fully understand the process;